COM and OLE Diagram Software
It contains special shapes and settings for creating COM and
OLE diagrams or diagrams of public exposed interfaces, COM interfaces, and OLE
interfaces in object-oriented programming.
In Edraw Max, the COM and OLE template
and shapes are in the Software folder.
Free Download Com and
OLE Software and View All Examples
to Use COM and OLE Diagrams?
- Software developers: Diagram
publicly-exposed COM and OLE interfaces in object-oriented programming.
- Software designers: Show the
relationship between COM objects and the interfaces they reference.
- Software program managers: Model the
communication flow between OLE servers and containers.
COM and OLE Symbols
The COM and OLE template includes shapes for all the
icons and symbols you can use to create COM and OLE diagrams. It also
includes a variety of connector shapes you can choose to connect COM objects,
object models, and other shapes.
COM and OLE
COM (Component Object Model) is a binary standard you can use to construct
software applications from components written in different languages.
COM specifications regulate how the components are
structured and how they operate with other components. The specifications
- The structure of component interfaces.
- How components communicate, including across
process and network boundaries.
- Shared memory management.
- The dynamic loading of components.
- Error and state reporting.
- How components and interfaces are uniquely
OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) is a subset of
Create a COM Diagram
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Software,
and then click Com and OLE.
- Drag a COM object shape onto the drawing page from
COM and OLE.
- To change the style of the COM object shape,
right-click the shape and choose COM Style.
- Name the COM object by selecting it, and then
- Add interfaces to the COM object by dragging the
control handle in the center of the shape.
- Name the interface by subselecting it and then
- Note: All COM objects are created with one
interface, IUnknown, by default.